A system tray app that adds seamless features to iTunes including automated library maintenance, playlist management, playlist sychronization with MP3 players, lyrics downloads, track and playback control, and global keyboard control. C#, WPF, MusicBrainz,
iTunes APIs, and more!
From a gracious follower
"Thank you for all of your support for this wonderful tool. I love using it to transfer my iTunes music library to my mp3 player. I haven't found anything else that works as well as iTuner!!!" - MM
- Automated library maintenance and optimization
- Remove "dead tracks" - tracks in library without corresponding data files
- Remove duplicates - multi-level intelligent processing to identify and archive duplicate tracks
- Remove empty directories - delete empty hard-drive directories left over by iTunes'
- Automatically import media files not yet in iTunes Library
- Automatically download missing album artwork
- Synchronize one or more playlists directly to a selected USB MP3 player
- Easy playlist export/import
- Export an album, an iTunes playlist, or all tracks by an artist with just a couple of clicks
- Convert the iTunes tracks to any supported music format, AAC, AIFF, M4A, MP3, or WAV
- Copy these tracks to any location, disk, USB, along with a playlist index file such as M3U, PLS, WPL, and ZPL
- Import a playlist index file to create a new library playlist and optionally import new media files
- Global hot key control of iTunes playback with customizations
- Automatic lyric discovery using multiple online providers
- Quick access to view lyrics of current track
- System Tray icon showing the current player state: play or pause
- Notify popup showing current track information, title, artist, album, and album artwork
- Detailed track information with quick link to storage folder on disk
- Indication of source location, standard music library, movies, TV shows, podcasts, radio
- Basic playback controls including, next/prev track, play/pause, volume, position, rating, and shuffle
- Basic track information editor to customize title, artist, and album
My Other Projects
Like iTuner? Why not take a look at my other projects?
I welcome feature suggestions and promise to address defects in a timely manner.
If you enjoy the iTuner application, please consider
donating to support continual improvements. Thanks!
While iTunes is a very intuitive and feature-rich application, as a developer I normally have many windows open at the same time and screen real-estate is at a premium. Bringing iTunes to the foreground is often intrusive and overly cumbersome for clicking
a single button or reading a quick track title. Running in Mini Player mode or minimizing iTunes to the Windows taskbar as a small toolbar are both great and provide handy playback controls. But neither is perfect. After using iTunes for a little while, I
started realizing what I really wanted... iTuner is small, light-weight, intuitive, and its automated features make it more powerful than any iTunes add-on available.
Some Future Possibilities
- Startup with iTunes, as an iTunes plug-in
- Scheduled iPod/iPhone synchronization
- Integration with Windows Messenger to show current song
- Import media files from alternate location
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Steven M. Cohn. All rights reserved.
iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc.