|iTuner V1.8 Released! – Try out the "Fix track" feature which analyzes and identifies tracks with missing or incorrect information such as artist, album,
and title. Update: confirmed to work with iTunes 11 :-)
us on Facebook and please click the Like button!
- Hi iTunians! Check out my new project:
CookieChipper. Get the latest released here. This is the only comprehensive and freely
available cookie management solution for MSIE 8 and higher. Mark cookies as "locked" and then clean your cookie cache, preserving only your locked cookies. Never again have to log in to that site you use every day just because you cleared
your browser history!
A system tray app that adds seamless features to iTunes including automated library maintenance, playlist management, playlist sychronization with MP3 players, lyrics downloads, track and playback control, and global keyboard control. C#, WPF, MusicBrainz,
iTunes APIs, and more!
From a gracious follower
"Thank you for all of your support for this wonderful tool. I love using it to transfer my iTunes music library to my mp3 player. I haven't found anything else that works as well as iTuner!!!" - MM
- Automated library maintenance and optimization
- Remove "dead tracks" - tracks in library without corresponding data files
- Remove duplicates - multi-level intelligent processing to identify and archive duplicate tracks
- Remove empty directories - delete empty hard-drive directories left over by iTunes'
- Automatically import media files not yet in iTunes Library
- Automatically download missing album artwork
- Synchronize one or more playlists directly to a selected USB MP3 player
- Easy playlist export/import
- Export an album, an iTunes playlist, or all tracks by an artist with just a couple of clicks
- Convert the iTunes tracks to any supported music format, AAC, AIFF, M4A, MP3, or WAV
- Copy these tracks to any location, disk, USB, along with a playlist index file such as M3U, PLS, WPL, and ZPL
- Import a playlist index file to create a new library playlist and optionally import new media files
- Global hot key control of iTunes playback with customizations
- Automatic lyric discovery using multiple online providers
- Quick access to view lyrics of current track
- System Tray icon showing the current player state: play or pause
- Notify popup showing current track information, title, artist, album, and album artwork
- Detailed track information with quick link to storage folder on disk
- Indication of source location, standard music library, movies, TV shows, podcasts, radio
- Basic playback controls including, next/prev track, play/pause, volume, position, rating, and shuffle
- Basic track information editor to customize title, artist, and album
My Other Projects
Like iTuner? Why not take a look at my other projects?
I welcome feature suggestions and promise to address defects in a timely manner.
If you enjoy the iTuner application, please consider
donating to support continual improvements. Thanks!
While iTunes is a very intuitive and feature-rich application, as a developer I normally have many windows open at the same time and screen real-estate is at a premium. Bringing iTunes to the foreground is often intrusive and overly cumbersome for clicking
a single button or reading a quick track title. Running in Mini Player mode or minimizing iTunes to the Windows taskbar as a small toolbar are both great and provide handy playback controls. But neither is perfect. After using iTunes for a little while, I
started realizing what I really wanted... iTuner is small, light-weight, intuitive, and its automated features make it more powerful than any iTunes add-on available.
Some Future Possibilities
- Startup with iTunes, as an iTunes plug-in
- Scheduled iPod/iPhone synchronization
- Integration with Windows Messenger to show current song
- Import media files from alternate location
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Steven M. Cohn. All rights reserved.
iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc.