Question to iTuner Users - Is Artwork Important?

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Edited Mar 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM

A question to my iTuner users... Is the album artwork feature of iTunes important to you and would you like to see it along with the track-change notification window?

iTuner is the perfect platform for automatically searching the Internet, downloading, storing, and displaying any and all information related to tracks, albums, and artists.  Should iTuner download artwork and/or display artwork along with its track-change notification window?

Thanks,
Steven

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:57 AM
Edited Apr 21, 2010 at 3:58 AM

I think this is an interesting feature, but along with the artwork IMHO it's a good idea to create an user menu to choose which items are going to be shown in the track-change notification window. Some kind of a simple "customization" feature (show artwork/don't show; window size; etc) . Then, in newer versions, I would suggest some kind of "skin modules" as new feature. I know this isn't exactly an "useful" feature (mainly an aesthetic one), but interesting nonetheless.

I'm telling about this aesthetic feature because I'm an iTunes/foobar2000 user, and I've seen plugins like Pretty Popup allowing more user control about colors, positioning, transparency, album artwork size, variables (so you can change the order of tag fields appearance), etc, all in the notification window, and some great results can be achieved.

Anyways, keep the good work!

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:16 AM

I would appreciate the option.  I would want to use it sometimes, but not always.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:03 AM

I would love an option to have album artwork displayed on the popup notification. IMO, it's the only thing thats missing for me in this great companion to iTunes.

This also relates to the discussion post on Snarl usage, i am also a snarl user, particularly because i enjoy the skinnable notification popups with Artwork display. I have a iTunes library complete with album art already, so automatic album art detection is not really needed for me, but i could see people using such an option. I would keep it as an optional selection as some people might not want to mess up their exisiting album artwork.

Of course, you could also explore the possibility of user skinnable skins for the overall app or just for the notifications, but that is a long way aways.

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Please, add a cover image to the popup (or even an option to switch it on / off)!
May 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM
I think if you are going to add an automatic searcher, there needs to be a minimum resolution file it will download - maybe a "s-m-l" type option, i use Album Art Downloader and i would rather have no artwork then artwork less then 800x800px. I would love to see ituner pop up the artwork when playing though!