Some Quick Suggestions

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM
After finding iTuner, I've so far enjoyed the program, finally an iTunes enhancement for Windows like what has been on OS X for ages. I've got a few suggestions for possible improvements, however, that you may want to consider.

I use the program Snarl for universal popup notifications already, and prefer to use this universal notification system as it provides useful consistency. Is there any way to add an option to disable iTuner popups, or better yet add in Snarl integration? I already have a plugin for iTunes which handles these notifications fine, so the second part isn't really a necessity. I'm not much of a .NET coder but I may have time to provide some help with protocol implementation if you're interested (its quite simple).

Also on popup behavior when you click the tray icon, any way to make it vanish faster or as soon as it loses focus? It's a bit annoying to have it still in the way after a second or two.

Another idea I had was some options related to clicking on the tray icon. It would be handy to allow you to, for instance, double click the tray icon to play/pause.

Finally, is it possible to have a genius button on the interface? It would be nice to easily pop into genius mode on a particular track.

Thanks for the excellent program, I just thought I'd give back my two cents.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2010 at 3:34 AM
  1. Snarl - Something for me to investigate in the future.
  2. Vanish - I admit, sometimes it's too slow... but sometimes it seems too fast!  Hm...
  3. Double-Click - Done!  This will be available in the next release.
  4. Genius - Unfortunately Apple hasn't exposed this through their COM interface yet.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Happy to hear them.