Apr 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM
I'm going to maintain this thread to discuss support of various USB devices.
To start, this note comes from Paul S. who kindly solved why his Sony NWZ-639 Walkman was not recognized by iTuner:
"I had to change it from an MTP device to a USB device. From here:
- Open "Control Panel", "System and Maintenance" and scroll down
- Find and Open "Device Manager"
- Find "Portable Devices", click '+' sign. You will see MTP with yellow '!' sign
- Right Click, select "Update Driver Software..."
- select/click the option "Browse my computer for driver software"
- select/click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- (there should be 2 options here) select/click "USB mass storage driver"
- click next. "
If you have difficulty with other devices or find tricks like this for your device, please reply to this post.