Popup location problem

May 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Hello,

I just installed iTuner and was looking forward to enjoy its features, I have two laptops both running Windows7 64bits and while in the first one it works perfectly in the second one the popup shows off screen (my taskbar is in the default location, horizontal and down). I can see only the top border of the popup but that's it. I tried relocating the taskbar and the results are:

1. Bottom: The popup shows off screen (below the ituner icon), I can only see the top border

2. Right: I cannot see the popup at all

3. Left: The popup shows to the right of the icon and I can see it perfectly

4. Top: The popup shows below the icon and I can see it perfectly

Any suggestions to be able to keep my taskbar down and see the ituner icon? Thanks!

May 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Not sure if this is it but on the problematic system, is your desktop extended across two monitors?

May 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM

No, not at all... it's a laptop and I have never plugged in another monitor to it.

Thanks for the suggestion though

May 29, 2010 at 3:15 AM

same problem here running vista pop up is just barely on screen

May 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I'm having the same problem - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, one monitor.

Uninstalled and reinstalled - still same problem

any solutions?

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:59 AM

I also have the disappearing popup; I can just see the top edge hovering above my task bar, but I can't move it. Windows XP, SP3 32-bit.  One monitor on a laptop (although it is configured to allow a second monitor to be connected).

In case it helps with troubleshooting, I've also been getting "unhandled exception" errors from iTuner, although they don't seem to be correlated with trying to see the popup.

Thanks to ralphkui for trying all the different configurations!

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Just FYI for anyone following this thread:

I opened a bug report here: http://ituner.codeplex.com/workitem/6810

And it might be the same problem as this previous bug report: http://ituner.codeplex.com/workitem/6242

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM

This is related to and probably introduced by the work that solved 6242.  From other discusson threads, it seem more prevelant on Vista and XP.  I'll spin up a couple of VirtualBox VMs and attempt to reproduce it.

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.