Where is it?

May 8, 2010 at 3:32 AM
Edited May 8, 2010 at 3:33 AM

OK, I downloaded and installed iTuner; now where is it? I know I'm probably not seeing something that's right in front of my face, but I don't see how to access the dialog screens that are on the iTuner web page screenshots. When I try to activate iTuner by going to Start...iTuner, it says it's already running. Where?

BTW: I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64

Coordinator
May 8, 2010 at 4:07 AM
Edited May 8, 2010 at 4:07 AM

When iTuner is running, its initial UI is merely an icon in the Windows System Tray - the area of the Task bar next to the current time.  You'll notice there is a small triangle pointing up.  This is where Windows puts the rarely used or lower priority icons in the System Tray.  Windows 7 typically "hides" the iTuner icon in there the first time it's run.  But you can configure it to always show in the System Tray...  The following is from the iTuner User Guide page on this site:

For Windows 7 users, you may find it convenient to customize the Windows taskbar Notification area icons so that the iTuner icon is always visible rather than hidden away.

1. Right-click the task bar and click "Properties"
  2. On the "Taskbar" tab, click the "Customize..." button in the "Notification area" box.
  3. Scroll down to find the iTuner.exe application and change the drop-down selector to "Show icon and notifications".
  4. Click OK to close the Notification Area Icons window.
  5. Click OK to close the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog.

I hope that helps.

May 8, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Got it. Thanks