Sync to specific folder

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Hi

I have an mp3 player where items have to go into specific folders -

Although it still works if music goes into the root, if I don't put Podcasts into the Podcasts folder, and Audiobooks into the Audiobooks folder, they don't show up under the right menus on the player. Worse still, the player will only remember the place I stopped if it's in these folders. Otherwise if I stop for any reason it starts from the beginning.

If Itunes Companion had the ability to sync specific playlists to specific folders it would be really indispensable to me.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM

On the "iTuner MP3 Synchronize" dialog window, clear the "Auto-detect folder capabilities" checkbox.  Type the path or browse to the path of the target folder, select the folder layout template, and click the Sync button.  While it's not an automated, persistent configuration, it does provide the functionality you need.

Hope this helps.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM
stevenmcohn wrote:

On the "iTuner MP3 Synchronize" dialog window, clear the "Auto-detect folder capabilities" checkbox.  Type the path or browse to the path of the target folder, select the folder layout template, and click the Sync button.  While it's not an automated, persistent configuration, it does provide the functionality you need.

Hope this helps.

I'm afraid that's just not worth it.

I'd have to click on the audiobooks playlist, then navigate to the audiobooks folder, then sync

Then I'd have to click on the podcasts playlist, then navigate the podcasts folder, then sync

Then I'd have to click on the music playlist, then navigate to the music folder then sync

I might as well do things manage my music manually or use another method (maybe syncing my playlists to another media player then syncing) if I'm going through all that.

Thanks