iTuner stealing focus while pop-up balloon is visible.

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:40 AM
I have been writing some emails this morning after finding iTuner yesterday and noticed some undesirable behaviour while writing emails in Outlook 2007. Is it possible to prevent the pop-up that appears when the track changes from stealing the focus away from the emaile window that I was using? While the pop-up is visible my typing is not entered into the email im composing. Its only once pop-up disappears that I can resume typing as normal. Nice program but this bug could make this software unusable for me at work. :(
Jun 29, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior.

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:51 PM

sorry, the email to let me know of your reply got caught in my junk and I didnt see it till just now.

A detail that may be relevant is that I have 2 monitors and I am composing my emails on a different monitor to my primary monitor that has the iTuner app running in the system tray. I am also using Vista Business.

I will try and make a video to demonstrate the issue for you when I get an opportunity.

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:42 AM

i just got my OS on my work machine upgraded to Win7 and the problem has gone. :)

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM

For what it's worth... while I still haven't been able to reproduce it in my environment, I made a slight change to the way the window is displayed.  For all you WPF programmers out there, immediately before calling window.Show(), I first set window.ShowActived = false.  This is supposed to prevent the window from being activated when the Show is called.

Hopefully this will clear it up for those who are experiencing this issue.