iTunes Compatibility

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:16 AM

I wanted to know if any of you are having the same problems as I am.

I just updated my iTunes to version 10.1.1.4 and now my iTuner says that its not compatible with this version on iTunes. 

Is that a problem with my iTuner or iTunes or something? or is it that the latest version of iTuner really doesn't support this new version?

If not... creators of the iTuner please do release a new update so it works with my iTunes! ><

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I have 10.1.1.4 and iTuner seems entirely compatible with this version.  Unless Apple changes the COM interface, iTuner should remain compatible for all foreseable future versions.  Are there any details you can provide?  Error message or log files?

Regards
\Steven

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Really?? 

When I try to run iTuner a pop up comes titled "Error starting iTuner"

following by a huge X saying "This version of iTuner is not compatible with this version of iTunes

I tried going to the iTuner sight and downloaded the latest version available 1.3.3964

and I guess I have the latest version of iTunes 10.1.1.4

should i just downgrade it then? I really want it to work! ><

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Hello,

same thing here: German Version of iTunes 10.1.1.4 doesn't work with 1.3.3964 Translation-Ready. Error: "This version of iTuner is not compatible with this version of iTunes"

What can I do?

Best regards, REK

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Hey... dont know why it still says its not compatible with the new version of iTunes... everything I did was downgrade my iTunes... I rather have iTuner working instead of the latest iTunes version... 

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:08 PM

tomate, very flattering, but I do, in fact, hope that iTuner is compatible with all versions for which it is supposed to be compatible.  So... by any chance are you using a non-English version as well?  Maybe this is the common factor?  I'll try to spin up a German OS and see how it goes...

\S

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I actually use the English version of iTunes! Guess its not language related. I use Windows 7 Professional 64-bit as the operating system if that's of any help. 

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Steven: I'm using Windows 7/32, German Version of iTunes.

EDIT: I'm also using W7 Ultimate !

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I have the same problem.  Here is what I found out so far.  All versions English

On Windows Vista iTunes 10.1.1.4 and iTuner 1.3.3964 - works fine

On Windows 7 Ultimate, iTunes 10.1.1.4 and iTuner 1.3.3964 - throws an iTuner UI Exception

I turned on logging - nothing showed up there

turned on the 'disconnected' option in the config file. - iTuner loaded when I clicked on the 'Show Itunes' button, from the dialog box I then got the UI exception again.

Hope this helps in determining the issue.

Steve

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Was a solution ever figured out for this?  I'm having the same problem:

Windows 7 Ultimate, Itunes 10.5.1, just downloaded the latest version of ituner today.

I'm using all english versions of everything. 

Thanks for the help!

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Apologies, I wish I could reproduce this but I can't!  That's not an excuse, I just can't find a machine that duplicates the problem.  Can you please provide any further details?  Can you enable logging by editing the .config file?  Is there a .log file in the install directory?  Thanks.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:07 AM

By the way, I'm running 10.5.1.42 and it works fine.  Is this the same version you have?

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:26 AM
I am running 10.5.1.42
I'm not quite sure how to enable logging. I opened the config file with notepad, but was a little lost about what to do next - can you help? There was no log file in c:\program files\river software\ituner
I appreciate the fast response!

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM, stevenmcohn <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

By the way, I'm running 10.5.1.42 and it works fine. Is this the same version you have?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ituner@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ituner@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Todd Mowinski