iTuner will not offer "Export Playlist" as option

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Hello,

I am using the latest versions for both iTunes and iTuner.

iTuner will not allow me to export a playlist. Whenever I create the new "Playlist" and go to export it, the "Playlist" option is grayed out. Only "Album" and "Artist" are available as options. It will offer the export of "Playlist" from the main "Music" folder but not for any specific user created playlist. I hope I am making sense. Please help me figure this out.

Darren

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM

There are a couple of unfortunate states of iTunes that iTuner cannot detect.  For example, iTuner does not know when an iTunes user simply selects a playlist by single-clicking its name.  iTuner only knows that a particular playlist is "in context" when a song within that playlist starts playing; then the context is maintains and iTuner can query for this at any time thereafter.

So you should first (at least start) playing a song from the playlist.  This will initiate a signal from iTunes to iTuner that the playlist context has changed and is now known.  From then on, iTunes should be able to export the entire playlist.

Please give that a shot.

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Yes, I read this in another thread & I tried this several times and it did not work. I also uninstalled and reinstalled iTuner and it still will not work. I also found out that it will not sync to a USB Device. So.... I am at a loss. I really wanted it to work. :-(