Librarian task not running?

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:22 AM

The first reason I installed ituner was because of its librarian tasks: Cleaning dead tracks and duplicates;

However, I don't see anything happening. Not automatically, and not manually when I rightclick on the ituner icon and select clean and click on clean dead tracks. It looks like the "Dead track"-icon is greyed out. I have quite a couple of dead tracks in my library and can still see them in marked by the exclamationmarks in front of them. What am I not doing right?

I use windows 7 Hom Premium 64, iTunes 10.1.1.4

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM

The librarian tasks run "in the background" but there are a couple of indications that they are active.  First, the iTuner system tray icon shows a red picture with an underline while the task is running.  Second, you can click the small triangle to the right of the Show iTunes button on the main iTuner window; this switches the view to a list of all active tasks.  These tasks run sequentially, one at a time, and will display the progress.  See the help page for more info.

On Windows 7 remember that many system tray icons are "hidden".  But you can always show this icon by following the instructions in this post.

By the way, I test with over 16,000 items in my iTunes library which takes about a minute to run the Dead Tracks task.

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Hmm..I did what you said and it shows no tasks running. Do I have to have all my tracks in the itunes-library-folder? I have all my music in the folder "my music" and not within the itunes folder which is normally created by the itunes program.