Ituner Lyrics Plugin

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Hello! Just would like to say that for a while now, every time I open any lyrics in the notepad it says:

<a href="http://www.lyricsplugin.com/" target="_blank">Upgrade to Lyrics Plugin version 0.4</a>

I actually went to the lyricsplugin site and installed the latest version as a plugin in itunes, but even if it's working as a visualizer in itunes, it still doesn't work with ituner.

Is there any way to make it work? I'm using ituner v1.3.3964.

Thanks a lot!

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM

It appears that LyricsPlugin no longer serves applications that make requests over the internet; they are only supporting their own plugins which iTuner does not use.  Since there is a plugin for iTunes, I imagine that that would work by itself, but you'd need to view the lyrics in iTunes in order to download them and store them locally.  Once stored locally, iTuner should be able to see them. 

iTuner does use two other lyrics providers.  With all of these services, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  It seems no one is really serious about provding a comprehensive and free lyrics service out there.  Oh well.