This includes the first pass of the iTuner Librarian
including management of dead tracks, duplicates, and empty directories... While I promised a "fully automated librarian", these features are only invoked manually for this initial release. I'm fine-tuning the automation heuristics and want to ensure stability and robustness. Look forward to automation in the next release!
Beta 2 Updates
- Remove dead tracks (phantoms) - these are tracks listed in the iTunes library for which no corresponding file exists
- Remove duplicate tracks - this is a multi-level intelligent analysis of similar tracks in the library.
- Remove empty directories - these are often left around by iTunes after using its Library Organize feature.
(20 Feb 2010)
Future Library Plans - Now available in Beta 3
- Use NetworkStatus to avoid online providers while machine is offline
- Fix to CurrentTrack tracking status
- Fix to avoid memory leak while switching tracks
- Fix to avoid memory leak while running DuplicateScanner
- Fix to hide windows from Alt-Tab program switcher control
- Fix to avoid empty notify icon tooltip text
- Fix to avoid double-drawing text in context menu
Additional polishing in this release...
- Automated librarian - runs when it needs to so you don't have to think about it.
- Notify icon tooltip now shows track title, artist, and album names.
- Can now drag and move an ExceptionDialog around the screen
Please feel free to send recommendations.Copyright (c) 2010 Steven M. Cohn. Al rights reserved.