This was previously a Beta release but has been promoted to Stable status with no further changes.
This release includes an initial implementation of the "Fix track" feature which uses online providers to analyze, identify, and fix track information including title, artist, and album. For this beta release, I recommend that you try this out (it's a menu feature, not an automated one) on tracks and albums that you know are misidentified. Since the heuristics are moderately subjective and do not yet take into account other tracks on the same album, it may incorrectly assign the wrong album; this may happen specifically with tracks that are part of a best-of compilation.New Features
Verify and fix errors in track info using online providers. When invoked from the iTuner menu, this will reach out to online providers to not only fill missing information for each track but also replace incorrect information. This should lead to far fewer actual duplicates across your entire library; in a future version of iTuner, I may tackle the question of how to identify duplicate media files referenced by multiple albums, streamlining overall disk usage.... hmm... sounds interesting, doesn't it?
- Verify and fix errors in track info using MusicBrainz
- "Fix errors" is recommended only for misidentified tracks (for now)
- Upgrade to V2 of MusicBrainz XML Web service
- New application icon and updated iTunes icon
- Click Artist to open artist Web site
- Scanners are now prioritized in queue
- 64-bit Installer
- Fix when saving artwork to invalid file name
- Fix to initialize Controller timer earlier
- Fix #6518 Need Higher Res Icon
- Fix #9375 Constantly Crashing
- Fix #9376 Higher Quality Artwork